Kentucky Judge Olu Stevens gave two armed robbers and home invaders a light sentence because he felt their three year-old baby victim was being racist for fearing black people after the attack.
Judge Stevens went off on the family in court.
Via Right Wing News:
The American Thinker reported:
Soon after the robbery, the little girl told her mother that she was afraid of black people. And the mother told the judge in her victim’s statement.
Judge Stevens did not care for that.
Like justice coming down like rain, Judge Stevens poured his righteous indignation down on them. The family, that is. Not the criminals. All on video.
“There’s a victim impact statement here that bothers me, to be honest with you,” said Judge Stevens. “I assume the victims in this case are white?” he asked the prosecutor, who was hoping for a 20-year sentence for the miscreant. (The gun-toting home invader, not the infantile racist.)
“It troubles me greatly,” said the judge, as he read the mother’s account of how this robbery has traumatized her child. Again, just for the sake of clarity, the judge was not troubled at the trauma the little girl experienced, he was troubled at the trauma he was experiencing that anyone would could be aware that black crime and violence in Louisville is wildly out of proportion.
The mother and child’s reaction was similar to what the Reverend Jesse Jackson said about black crime: “There is nothing more painful to me … than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery, then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.”
“Really?” Judge Stevens asked after reading the mother’s account of her daughter’s fear of black men following the robbery.
“I want to make that part of the record, I am offended by that,” said the judge.
And just in case anyone did not get the message the first several times, the judge took it to a new level: “I am deeply offended by that.”
He blamed the child’s racism on the parents for “fostering” it. And all of sudden the victims of the racial violence were now the perpetrators.
And the perpetrators? They were the victims.
The judge then faced the one remaining home invader that was left to be sentenced and told him he believed he could be redeemed through the saving power of probation. Not prison.
Family Security Matters
The headline was brutal. “Bam’s Golf War: Prez tees off as Foley’s parents grieve,” read the cover of Thursday’s New York Daily News. Obama’s gaffe was this: He had denounced the beheading of James Foley from a vacation spot in Martha’s Vineyard, then went to the golf course. Seems like he had a great time. Such a great time that he returned to the Farm Neck Golf Club-sorry, membership is full-the next day.
Technically, Obama’s vacation began on August 9. It is scheduled to end on Sunday, August 24. With the exception of a two-day interlude in D.C., it has been two weeks of golf, jazz, biking, beach going, dining out, celebrating, and sniping from critics, not all of them conservative, who are unnerved by the president taking time off at a moment of peril.
Helmetta, New Jersey police officer Richard Recine gives the best reason I have heard yet to impeach Obama for his many violations of the Constitution, regardless of the short-term political consequences. Via Mediaite:
The largest outbreak in history continues unabated in West Africa. Three Americans have been infected, one of whom was the man who died upon his arrival in Nigerian megacity Lagos last week. Now, Emory University hospital in Atlanta will be taking the transfer of an Ebola patient, reportedly an American aid worker:
Sure, buildings, roads, and monuments have always been named after presidents – but, President Obama’s name has been adopted by more than just schools and bridges. Keep reading! This top five list of things named after Barack Obama is sure to surprise you.
1) An extinct lizard: Obamadon Gracilis (“Obama the Slender”) was a small, extinct lizard named after the president “in reference to the tall, straight teeth, and the manner in which Mr. Obama has acted as a role model of good oral hygiene for the world.”
2) A Fungus: Caloplaca Obamae was named by the scientist who discovered it because she wanted, “to show my appreciation for the president’s support of science and science education.”
3) A Trapdoor Spider: Aptostichus barackobamai was named for Obama because of the president’s enthusiasm for the iconic Spiderman.
4) A Parasite: Paragordius Obamai, the hairworm parasite, was named for the President because it hails from Kenya, the area where his father was born and raised. Interestingly, these parasites infect crickets, forcing them to commit suicide by jumping into water.
5) A Mountain: Mount Obama is a mountain formerly known as “Boggy Peak” located in Antigua and Barbuda which was named after Pres. Obama on his birthday in 2009.