Washington Free Beacon
The Obama administration is withholding from Congress details about how $1.3 billion in U.S. taxpayer funds was delivered to Iran, according to conversations with lawmakers, who told the Washington Free Beacon that the administration is now stonewalling an official inquiry into the matter.
The Departments of State, Treasury, and Justice have all rebuffed a congressional probe into the circumstances surrounding the $1.3 billion payment to Iran, which is part of an additional $400 million cash payout that occurred just prior to the release of several U.S. hostages and led to accusations that the administration had paid Iran a ransom.
The Obama administration has admitted in recent days that the $400 million cash delivery to Iran was part of an effort to secure the release of these American hostages, raising further questions on Capitol Hill about White House efforts to suppress these details from the public.
The $400 million was part of a $1.7 billion legal settlement reached with Iran earlier this year. Congressional inquiries into how this money reached Iran are failing to get answers.
Last week the Obama Administration approved its largest-ever release of detainees from Guantanamo Bay, sending 15 extremists back into the world.
By now, the pattern has become familiar: the President lets hardened terrorists go free, Congress and the American people express outrage, and the White House ignores the uproar.
But the grave risks of this policy cannot be ignored. The President is giving terrorists a one-way ticket back to the battlefield.
In fact, officials have confirmed to Congress that some former detainees are responsible for attacking or killing Americans since being freed. Yet, incredibly, the releases persist.
Not only does the President’s rush to open Gitmo’s jail cells allow fighters to keep waging war against us, it also gives the jihadist A-team a chance to mentor a new generation of radicals.
“Outrageous” hardly describes the non-logic of this policy. What Commander-in-Chief lets the enemy return to the fight in the middle of a war?
But that’s just the problem—the President doesn’t believe we’re fighting one.
Image via joyerickson.wordpress.com
Family Security Matters
The federal government’s “debt held by the public”-as opposed to its “intragovernmental debt”-has topped $14,000,000,000,000 for the first time in history, according to the latest numbers released by the U.S. Treasury.
As of the close business on Aug. 10, the “debt held by the public” was $13,987,862,462,404.79, according to the Treasury. By the close of business on Aug. 11, it had risen to $14,012,831,105,933.15. By close of business on Aug. 12, it had increased again, hitting $14,012,909,909,536.53.
When President Barack Obama was inaugurated on Jan. 20, 2009, the federal government’s debt held by the public was $6,307,310,739,681.66.
Since then, it has increased by $7,705,599,169,854.87-or 122 percent.
CENTCOM manipulated and deleted data to present a positive picture of the battle against Isis and al Qaeda according to a report by the House released on Thursday. Does anyone believe it wasn’t ordered by the president and that he was kept in the dark? A general now says that it came from the president himself.
Retired Brigadier General Tony Tata appeared on Fox News with host former Governor Mike Huckabee this evening and revealed that his well-placed sources told him someone from the Office of National Intelligence who meets regularly with the president commanded a senior official in CENTCOM to quit producing products of record that showed negative intelligence that didn’t fit the narrative of the Obama administration.
The administration ordered the cooking of the books, the General said. The president wants the JV tale out in the public domain.
The General also said people are being punished for doing their job.
General Tata said it goes all the way to Barack Obama, not simply White House officials.
Image via 1800politics.com
Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey penned an article for The Boston Globe stating that she is banning all new “assault weapons” which she also calls “weapons of war” in her ignorance.
In the article for The Boston Globe, she blamed the Orlando terrorist killings on an AR-15 which isn’t accurate on any level.
Her ban prohibits the sale of specific weapons like the Colt AR-15 and AK-47 and explicitly bans “copies or duplicates” of those weapons. Gun manufacturers have been selling rifles without a flash suppressor or folding or telescoping stock and she defines them as a copycat or duplicate.
Healey has made them illegal as well as any “watered-down version”.
If the gun operates in essentially the same way as a banned weapon or is a copy, it is illegal. No “assault” weapon can be sold, altered or not.
This directive likely bans all AR and AK style rifles in Massachusetts.
People who already own the guns can keep them – for now – the AG assures them. How kind of her.
Healey claims that: In the face of utter inaction by Congress, states have a duty to enact and enforce laws that protect people from gun violence. If Washington won’t use its power to get these guns off our streets, we will. Not only do we have the legal authority to do so, we have a moral obligation to do so.
She has a moral obligation to uphold the Constitution and she has no legal right to pass laws which is what she is doing.
What she is doing doesn’t do a thing about the criminals and gangs. All she is controlling are lawful gun owners. The leftists always say they want guns off the streets and she also says that in this article. To get the guns off the streets, they have to go after guns, lawful guns period.
We now have evidence of contacts between Saudi officials and some of the September 11 hijackers. An old classified document has been declassified. On an equally, if not more important and current matter, what about the evidence of contacts between the Obama White House and the pro-terrorist Muslim Brotherhood? When will we be given a declassified copy of Obama’s Presidential Study Directive-11, or PSD-11, regarding the secret White House backing of the Muslim Brotherhood?
Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) has proposed a bill to designate the Muslim Brotherhood as a terrorist organization. It’s called the Muslim Brotherhood Terrorist Designation Act (S.2230).
On another equally, if not more important and current matter, what about Obama White House contacts with the Black Lives Matter movement (BLM), a support apparatus for cop-killers?
It would appear that the Obama administration may be implicated for its support for terrorism at home and abroad. This comes on top of the evidence that Obama and his then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton supported jihadist groups in Libya that killed four Americans in Benghazi.
Image via barenakedislam.com
WASHINGTON — GOP lawmakers are asking for a freeze on transfers from Guantanamo Bay and more information about past transfers after one detainee released to Uruguay went missing and another was named a Specially Designated Global Terrorist by the State Department.
As Congress blocks President Obama’s efforts to close the prison facility, the White House is trying to quickly deplete Gitmo’s population. The transfer of two detainees to Serbia was announced Monday, bringing the population down to 76. There were 242 terror suspects at Guantanamo when Obama took office.
On Wednesday, the State Department issued the designations of Aslan Avgazarovich Byutukaev, the ISIS leader in Chechnya, and Ayrat Nasimovich Vakhitov, a Tatar fighter from Russia.
“Vakhitov is associated with Jaysh al-Muhajirin Wal Ansar, a group that was designated by the U.S. Department of State as a SDGT under Executive Order 13224. Vakhitov has also used the internet to recruit militants to travel to Syria,” the State Department said.
Vakhitov was released to Russia along with six of his countrymen in 2004. The Russians later released the former detainees. Vakhitov threatened afterward that he would sue the U.S. for torture at Gitmo.