Just when it seemed like president Obama’s immigration policies couldn’t possibly get worse, the administration is offering “temporary” amnesty to nationals of an Islamic Middle Eastern country well known as an Al Qaeda breeding ground.
You can’t make this stuff up! The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is offering Temporary Protected Status (TPS) to illegal aliens from Yemen, headquarters of Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP). In its latest Country Reports on Terrorism, the State Department reveals that AQAP militants carried out hundreds of attacks including suicide bombers, vehicle-borne improvised explosive devices (VBIEDs), ambushes, kidnappings and targeted assassinations. The media has also documented this for years with one in-depthreport confirming that “Yemen has emerged as the breeding grounds for some of the most high-profile plans to attack the U.S. homeland.”
(CNSNews.com) – The Obama administration says it is “in a war against al Qaeda.” But at the same time, it is trying to release 54 more Gitmo detainees, 47 of them from Yemen, which is one of the “dark corners” where al Qaeda operates.
“We say we’re in a war against al Qaeda,” White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough told CBS’s “Face the Nation” on Sunday. “We have just never said we have been in a war against terrorism, which is a tactic…We are, however, at war against al Qaeda, its manifestations in Yemen, its manifestations in South Asia, its manifestations in East Africa, North Africa.”
Appearing on ABC’s “This Week,” McDonough said, “al Qaeda, you know, hides in dark corners and tries to make sure that they’re operating in places where they’re not going to be pursued. That means that a lot of the places that they spring up and where they try to operate are places like Yemen or Somalia or North Africa, where the security forces are underdeveloped, where the political situation is volatile.”
Family Security Matters
Last September, President Obama told us that his strategy for taking down the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria would be similar to the one his administration had “successfully pursued in Yemen and Somalia for years.”
Those are words the prez probably would like to have back, especially with regards to Yemen.
News reports indicate Yemen is falling apart; an insurgent group known as the Houthis (from the northern part of the country) this week stormed the capital, Sanaa.
While the Houthi rebels have not posed a direct threat to the United States so far (beyond concern for the security of our Sanaa embassy) the fall of the central Yemeni government – a key U.S. counterterror ally – would mean more running room for a group that does.
You see, Yemen is the home of al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula – also known as AQAP.
One week after the Paris terrorist attacks Barack Obama has decided to release five more Yemeni Guantanamo terrorists.
Al Qaeda in Yemen took credit for the Paris attacks in a video released Wednesday.
The terrorists will go to Oman and Estonia.
Ahmed Abdul Qader was released to Estonia.
The Miami Herald reported:
The United States released five more Yemeni detainees from the prison camps in Guantánamo Bay, Cuba, on Wednesday to far-flung locations — four to the Arabian Sea nation of Oman, and a fifth to Estonia in Northern Europe — in continuing transfers that have stirred protest from Congress.
A day earlier leading Republicans, notified in advance of the transfers, called a Capitol Hill news conference to seek more restrictions on the release of detainees at the U.S. Navy base in Cuba, which as of Wednesday numbered 122 prisoners.
“The decision to transfer a detainee is made only after detailed, specific conversations with the receiving country about the potential threat a detainee may pose after transfer,” said Paul Lewis, the Pentagon’s special envoy for Guantánamo prison closure, in announcing the latest release.
All five freed detainees got to Guantánamo in the prison camps’ early days. None was ever charged with a crime and all had been cleared for transfer for years. But, as Yemenis, they could not go home because U.S. officials feared they would be lured to al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula, the terror group that Wednesday claimed responsibility for last week’s attack on the French satire newspaper Charlie Hebdo.
According to a 2010 report, at least 150 former Gitmo detainees have returned to terror after their release.
A report released by the House Armed Services subcommittee in 2012 revealed that 27% of Gitmo detainees return to a life of terror after their release.
Previously On Released Gitmo Detainees:
** Gitmo Detainees Re-Arrested in Russia
** Former Gitmo Prisoner Arrested for Terrorism in Moscow
** Three Former Gitmo Detainees Held in Morocco
** Former Gitmo Inmate Involved in Russian Terror Attack on Nalchik
** Former Gitmo Detainee Re-Arrested in Pakistan
** Seven Percent of Gitmo Detainees Return to Battlefield.
** Former Club Gitmo Detainee Carries Out Suicide Mission in Iraq
** Pentagon: 61 Gitmo Grads Returned to Terror
** Former “Rehabilitated” Gitmo Detainee Becomes Al-Qaeda Chief
** 2 Former “Rehabilitated” Gitmo Grads Appear in Al-Qaeda Movie
** 11 Former “Rehabilitated” Gitmo Grads Back On Saudi Most Wanted List
** American Teenager Murdered By Former Gitmo Detainee
** Breaking: Taliban’s Top Officer in Southern Afghanistan Is Former Gitmo Detainee
** Former Gitmo Detainee Leads Fight Against US Troops
** Another Former “Rehabilitated” Gitmo Detainee Killed in Shootout
** Former Gitmo Detainee Now Al Qaeda “Spiritual Leader”
** Former Gitmo Detainees Lead Yemeni Al-Qaeda Group Linked to Detroit Bomber
** Former Gitmo Detainee Leads Insurgency in Southern Afghanistan
** Thanks Barack… Another Gitmo Detainee Returns to the Fold
** 25 Former Gitmo Detainees From Saudi Arabia Return to Life of Terror
This was all predicted.
Yemen and Libya, Obama “success stories”…
The State Department is updating its plans to evacuate the U.S. embassy in Yemen’s capital city of Sana’a amid growing violence in the country between military and rebel forces, CNN reported.
Although U.S. Defense Department officials had been watching the situation for several weeks, the violence has “grown more serious” over the past several days, according to CNN Pentagon correspondent Barbara Starr, and now included fighting “around the airport in the capital.”
“When you can’t rely on commercial air traffic to get diplomats out, that’s when the military begins to watch very carefully,” Starr said Tuesday on CNN’s “Legal View with Ashleigh Banfield.”
Any request to evacuate would have to come from the U.S. ambassador to Yemen, Starr said, but added “that has not yet happened.” She said after the 2012 bombing of the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, American officials don’t “wait around” for violence to escalate.
However, Starr said if the U.S. did close the embassy, diplomats would “lose their window into understanding what al-Qaida is up to in that country (and) any plots against the U.S.”
Wait, didn’t Obama claim Yemen as one of his “successes” against Al Qaeda? If evacuating personnel and running is success, then yes, brilliantly done.
Via Al Arabiya:
An Al Qaeda splinter group launched a rocket attack on the U.S. embassy in Sanaa on Saturday, injuring several guards, to retaliate for what it said on social media was a U.S. drone strike in a northern province the day before.
The rocket landed 200 metres from the heavily fortified embassy, which lies in a compound surrounded by high walls, hitting members of the Yemeni special police force who guard the site. At least two were injured, police said.
The attacker fired the rocket from a M72 light anti-tank weapon from a car before speeding away, a police source told Reuters.
Several hours after the attack, Ansar al-Sharia, an affiliate of Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), said on its Twitter account it had targeted the embassy with a rocket, injuring several guards and damaging a vehicle.
On Friday, the United States told its citizens in Yemen to leave and said it was reducing the number of U.S. government staff there due to political unrest and fears of a possible military escalation.
Meanwhile, State Department practices deny, deny deny…
In a shocking revelation made by a veteran U.S. counterterrorism expert, Hezbollah has infiltrated the Southwest United States by joining forces with Mexican drug cartels that have long operated in the region.
Judicial Watch has for years reported on the chilling connection between Islamic extremists and Mexican drug cartels. In fact, as far back as 2007 JW wrote about an astounding Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) report that lays out how Islamic terrorists and Mexican drug gangs have teamed up to successfully penetrate the U.S. as well as finance terror networks in the Middle East