(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch announced today that on April 18, 2014, it obtained 41 new Benghazi-related State Department documents. They include a newly declassified email showing then-White House Deputy Strategic Communications Adviser Ben Rhodes and other Obama administration public relations officials attempting to orchestrate a campaign to “reinforce” President Obama and to portray the Benghazi consulate terrorist attack as being “rooted in an Internet video, and not a failure of policy.” Other documents show that State Department officials initially described the incident as an “attack” and a possible kidnap attempt.
The documents were released Friday as result of a June 21, 2013, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit filed against the Department of State (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of State (No. 1:13-cv-00951)) to gain access to documents about the controversial talking points used by then-UN Ambassador Susan Rice for a series of appearances on television Sunday news programs on September 16, 2012. Judicial Watch had been seeking these documents since October 18, 2012.
Family Security Matters
The media and Obama administration are at it again, trying to defend their earlier actions on Benghazi. For weeks following the September 11, 2012 attacks, President Obama and his colleagues blamed them on a spontaneous demonstration inspired by protests in Cairo, a position that has been repeatedly found to be patently untrue.
But Obama would prefer that the American public ignore this and his other “phony” scandals. In fact, he told Bill O’Reilly in a recent pre-Super Bowl interview that scandals like the IRS controversy are the result of irresponsible reporting by Fox News. “These kinds of things keep on surfacing in part because you and your TV station will promote them,” he told O’Reilly.
In an effort to convince us that Benghazi is not a scandal, Obama, arguing with O’Reilly, once again attempted to defend his completely indefensible narrative that in fact he said from day one that it was a terrorist attack (or in his words, “an act of terror”), and that the decision to claim the attack was the result of a spontaneous demonstration, sparked by an anti-Islam video, was made with the best information available.
BY: Adam Kredo Follow @Kredo0
A CIA employee who refused to sign a non-disclosure agreement barring him from discussing the Sept. 11, 2012 terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya, has been suspended as a result and forced to hire legal counsel, according to a top House lawmaker.
Rep. Frank Wolf (R., Va.) revealed at an event on Monday that his office was anonymously informed about the CIA employee, who is purportedly facing an internal backlash after refusing to sign a legal document barring him from publicly or privately discussing events surrounding the Benghazi attack.
Benghazi survivors aren’t the only ones getting muzzled by the Obama Regime:
Autumn Manning, wife of Fort Hood survivor Army Staff Sgt. Shawn Manning, is claiming that the U.S. Department of Defense is “slapping victims with gag orders” and telling family members not to talk to the press following testimony in the trial of Maj. Nidal Hasan.
This prevents survivors from talking about “denial of benefits,” which is still happening after the Obama administration decided to classify the shooting as “workplace violence.” Because of the designation, Fort Hood survivors have been denied combat-related benefits.
Manning later clarified that the DOD’s gag order only applied to witnesses, though she also claims family members were told not to talk to the press.
It will be hard for the Islamophile in Chief to spin this horrific terror attack as run of the mill workplace violence if low-information voters get wind of the self-described “soldier of Allah” Nidal Hasan spouting rhetoric like this in the courtroom:
“The evidence will clearly show that I am the shooter, and the dead bodies will show that war is an ugly thing. … We, the mujahedeen, are imperfect Muslims trying to establish a perfect religion in the land of the supreme God.”
By now maggots should have long since nibbled the last gristle from Hasan’s bones in the cold darkness of his grave. The only trials at this point should be for conspiring with the enemy on the part of any officials playing along with Obama’s absurd “workplace violence” gambit.
Turning a terror attack into a national disgrace.
On Friday, Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano resigned to take up a post running California’s university system. With her departure, there are now 15 vacant positions at the top of the department. That suggests it would be a particularly humane moment to shut the whole thing down. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security was a panicked reaction to the Sept. 11 attacks. It owes its continued existence to a vastly exaggerated assessment of the threat of terrorism. The department is also responsible for some of the least cost-effective spending in the U.S. government. It’s time to admit that creating it was a mistake.
The State Department denied Tuesday it ever concluded that the deadly consulate attack Sept. 11 in Libya was an unplanned outburst prompted by an anti-Islam movie, despite public statements early on by some in the Obama administration suggesting that was the case.
Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn., reacting Wednesday to the latest claims, said he’s just “at a loss” for why administration officials ever tried to connect the attack to the film in the first place.
“From the very beginning, everyone knew this was a terrorist attack. I mean, there’s no question, and that’s why this has been totally bizarre,” said Corker, who recently returned from Libya.
A college student from Saudi Arabia studying chemical engineering in Texas has been arrested by the FBI for allegedly planning a terrorist attack on U.S. targets using explosive chemicals.
Khalid Aldawsari, who is legally in the U.S. on a student visa, allegedly targeted the Dallas home of former President George W. Bush. He was arrested late Tuesday on a federal charge of attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction.
France has been warned by Saudi Arabia of a genuine threat to Europe from al Qaeda, the country’s interior minister has said.
The threat is separate from reports which saw the Eiffel Tower cleared in September.
Brice Hortefeux told French radio a message had been sent from Saudi intelligence officials that al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) was “without a doubt active, or aimed to be active”.
Mr Hortefeux said the threat was real and directed at “the European continent and notably France”.
He added: “This is not about overestimating the threat or underestimating it. I am indicating, based on all these elements, that the threat is real.”
AQAP, an off-shoot of al Qaeda believed to include Saudis and Yemenis, has stepped up attacks on Western targets in the past 12 months.
The group, which has been based in Yemen since 2006, said it was behind a failed bombing attempt on a US plane in December.
The new warning is not thought to be connected with the heightened alert in France in late September though.
That was based on a tip-off from Algeria, which claimed a female suicide bomber was planning to attack the country’s transport system.
France has not suffered a major attack since 1995 when the Algerian Armed Islamic Group killed eight people and wounded dozens bombing a Paris metro station.
Liz Cheney, the daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney, says comments attributed to Barack Obama in Bob Woodward’s new book show that the president is “unwilling or unable to do what it takes to keep this nation safe.”
According to the Washington Post, Obama is quoted in Woodward’s book as saying that the United States could “absorb another terrorist attack.”
“We’ll do everything we can to prevent it, but even a 9/11, even the biggest attack ever . . . we absorbed it and we are stronger,” Obama said.
Cheney, the chairwoman of Keep America Safe and a consistent critic of the administration, says the comments show that Obama has resigned himself to the likelihood of another terrorist attack.
“Americans expect our president to do everything possible to defend the nation from attack,” Cheney said. “We expect him to use every tool at his disposal to find, defeat, capture and kill terrorists. We expect him to deter attacks by making clear to our adversaries that an attack on the United States will carry devastating consequences. Instead, President Obama is reported to have said, ‘We can absorb a terrorist attack.’”