The results are in, and they are definitive. Hopey Change is a total failure:
The recent NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll surely doesn’t bode well for the Obama administration, which promised hope and change on a platter back in 2008. Seventy-one percent of Americans feels that the country is going in the wrong direction. President Obama’s job approval has dropped to 40 percent–and only 42 percent approve of how he’s handling the economy. Approval on foreign policy, an area where this administration polled somewhat strongly, fell to 36 percent among Americans.
Keep in mind that as a mulatto leftist, Obama has a guaranteed floor provided by certain demographic and ideological groups that will support him virtually no matter what (the vast majority of blacks, PBS/NPR fans, journalists, etc.). He has hit that floor and is burrowing through it.
Five and half years into his “fundamental transformation of America,” a staggering 79% are dissatisfied with the political system. We are in revolution territory — or should I say, counter-revolution territory.
A fresh Associated Press poll is just as bleak on virtually every count. Obama’s approval is upside down (40/59) overall, and underwater on every single issue polled. He’s in the 30′s on many of them. His best number is on handling relationships with other countries, at (43/55). … Republicans held a “trust” edge on seven of the eight specific issues polled.
At least Obama appears to have gotten the taste of George W. Bush out of everyone’s mouths.
The good news is that the radicalized Democrat Party is in for a pounding in the fall, even if voters don’t like the GOP much either, probably due to its infestation with untrustworthy RINOs. Pete Wehner has the bad news:
Sustained contempt for our political system is corrosive. It undermines our affections for America.
Undermining the economy through massive debt, alienating our friends, emboldening our enemies, ushering in potentially millions of Third World welfare dependents, turning us against each other, and taking a sledgehammer to the Constitution are not the worst of Obama’s legacy. He has turned American pride into shame. If that isn’t reversed quickly, the country is doomed.
The nightmare will be over in just a few more years. Already they are planning Obama’s presidential library:
With Obama’s blessing, top supporters are launching a foundation that will develop and build the library, which will both house his presidential records and serve as a monument to his legacy.
We already have plenty to serve as a monument to Obama’s legacy, including:
• Governmental lawlessness • A radicalized Democrat Party • A bitterly divided population • A crippled health insurance industry • Astronomical national debt • A vastly expanded number of people dependent on the government • Deteriorating race relations • Wounded military morale • Alienated allies • An Iraq increasingly run by al Qaeda • An Afghanistan soon to be run by the Taliban • A presidential office that no one takes seriously anymore.
But the library will be nice to have, as it will make a good starting point in the search for key documents that the public has yet to see, for example:
• His state senate papers • A book proposal that apparently gave his birthplace as Kenya • His medical records • Small-dollar donors • The Khalidi tape • The real White House guest list • Countless FOIA requests • Health reform negotiations • Fast & Furious documents…
There are plenty more:
• Kindergarten records (which might shed light on Obama’s nationality) • Punahou School records • Occidental College records (presumably indicating whether he received government aid as a foreign student) • Columbia University records • Columbia “Soviet Nuclear Disarmament” thesis • Harvard Law School records • Harvard Law Review articles • University of Chicago scholarly articles • Passport • Client list from private legal practice • Illinois State Bar Association records • Baptism records • Obama/Dunham marriage license • Obama/Dunham divorce documents • Soetoro/Dunham marriage license • Adoption records • Birth certificate (not the clear fake he grudging released).
A presidential library including all this stuff would be just the trick to retroactively provide a little transparency for the most transparent administration ever.
People in Hawaii and Chicago are squabbling over who should get the library. Here’s a more appropriate location, compliments of Red State:
Obama has already established many legacies, including:
• Radicalizing the Democrat Party, thereby alienating one half of the country from the other and deepening the partisan divide to Civil War levels of acrimony;
• Crippling the health insurance industry as a major step toward socializing medicine;
• Jacking up the national debt beyond the point it could ever be paid off without debasing the currency;
• Vastly expanding the number of people dependent on the government, pushing the country to the tipping point at which the takers outnumber the makers;
• Setting back race relations for decades with help from Black Power lunatic Eric Holder;
• Undermining the morale of the military by promoting homosexuality while rendering futile the war in Afghanistan;
• Abandoning Iraq, so that our sacrifice was wasted and those who helped us there are at the mercy of al Qaeda; • Eroding America’s role in the world by proving to our allies that they are only an election away from a knife in the back;
• Corroding the respect we have felt for an office that formerly had been held only by grownups who at least tried to be worthy of it…
I could go on, but let’s cut to the chase. The single most destructive legacy — the one that truly effects Obama’s promised “fundamental transformation” of America — is what Michele Bachmann calls “the establishment of lawlessness in the United States.” The Congresswoman explains:
There was more at stake with the Defense of Marriage Act even than the sanctity of marriage. His unwillingness to wait for the liberals on the Supreme Court to strike it down is a prime example of how Obama has placed the very rule of law in jeopardy.
Only a quick and total reversal of everything Obama stands for can prevent the Last Best Hope’s decline into dictatorship.