An Army spokesman has confirmed that a training slide that lists Hillary Clinton as an “insider threat” is real. The slide — which shows Hillary Clinton pictured along with the Fort Hood and Navy Yard shooters — became an internet sensation after it was posted on the U.S. Army W.T.F! Moments Facebook page on Sunday.
Via the Washington Examiner:
The other photos show retired Gen. David Petraeus, who gave classified information to his biographer and mistress; Nidal Hasan, who carried out the Fort Hood shooting; Edward Snowden, a former NSA contractor who exposed classified information before seeking asylum in Russia; Aaron Alexis, the Navy Yard shooter; and Chelsea Manning, who gave classified information to WikiLeaks.
Asked for comment, an Army spokesman confirmed that the photo showed a real training slide that was developed 18 months ago and used locally to teach best practices for handling classified information and maintaining operational security. Maj. Thomas Campbell, a U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command spokesman, said the training slide has been removed.
“As is common with Army training requirements, the local unit was given latitude to develop their own training products to accomplish the overall training objective. This particular presentation had not been reviewed or approved by the unit’s leadership, and does not reflect the position of the Army,” Campbell said.
Why not? She’s perfectly relevant to the topic. There is no better recent example of what not to do with classified material than Hillary Clinton.
As Clinton has been caught lying about her unsecured emails repeatedly — and she continues to lie about them to this day — she certainly should be considered an insider threat to national security.
H/T Free Republic
Washington Free Beacon
The Obama administration is withholding from Congress details about how $1.3 billion in U.S. taxpayer funds was delivered to Iran, according to conversations with lawmakers, who told the Washington Free Beacon that the administration is now stonewalling an official inquiry into the matter.
The Departments of State, Treasury, and Justice have all rebuffed a congressional probe into the circumstances surrounding the $1.3 billion payment to Iran, which is part of an additional $400 million cash payout that occurred just prior to the release of several U.S. hostages and led to accusations that the administration had paid Iran a ransom.
The Obama administration has admitted in recent days that the $400 million cash delivery to Iran was part of an effort to secure the release of these American hostages, raising further questions on Capitol Hill about White House efforts to suppress these details from the public.
The $400 million was part of a $1.7 billion legal settlement reached with Iran earlier this year. Congressional inquiries into how this money reached Iran are failing to get answers.
Last week the Obama Administration approved its largest-ever release of detainees from Guantanamo Bay, sending 15 extremists back into the world.
By now, the pattern has become familiar: the President lets hardened terrorists go free, Congress and the American people express outrage, and the White House ignores the uproar.
But the grave risks of this policy cannot be ignored. The President is giving terrorists a one-way ticket back to the battlefield.
In fact, officials have confirmed to Congress that some former detainees are responsible for attacking or killing Americans since being freed. Yet, incredibly, the releases persist.
Not only does the President’s rush to open Gitmo’s jail cells allow fighters to keep waging war against us, it also gives the jihadist A-team a chance to mentor a new generation of radicals.
“Outrageous” hardly describes the non-logic of this policy. What Commander-in-Chief lets the enemy return to the fight in the middle of a war?
But that’s just the problem—the President doesn’t believe we’re fighting one.