Socialism is not the Answer
There has been a lot of talk about WMD in Iraq before we invaded. Most saw the photos but if you remember they were on trucks being transported. Anyone care to guess where they were going? How about Syria? For those who follow the news, we know there were WMD’s in Iraq. Why am I so sure you ask? Because the US gave them to Iraq when Iraq was fighting Iran.
Think about it and while you are thinking about it, read the story below.
A BLAST FROM THE PAST
Family Security Matters
As someone who led the company that transported 550 metric tons of yellowcake uranium-enough to make fourteen Hiroshima-size bombs-from Saddam’s nuclear complex in the Iraq War’s notorious “Triangle of Death” for air shipment out of the country, I know Baathist Iraq’s WMD potential existed. In early 2008, we secretly moved over several nights 140 truckloads carrying 5500 barrels of extremely heavy radioactive material provided to Iraq as part of the French-supplied Osiraq reactor destroyed by Israeli fighter bombers in 1981. The virulently anti-Semitic Saddam had announced “here begins the Arab bomb” and the Israelis took him at his word.
Barack Obama called Mitch McConnell and Chuck Grassley to let them know he was going to nominate a Supreme Court Justice and his SPOX hinted at a possible nominee – an unsurprisingly horrible choice. No one in the world listens to Obama and he can’t negotiate a deal without giving away the Crown Jewels but every member of Congress caves at the first opportunity to his demands.
If Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell and Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley give in and allow Barack Obama’s nominee for Justice Scalia’s seat to come to the floor, it’s only a short matter of time before the person will be appointed.
We all know what that will mean. A leftist will tilt the scales in favor of the far left and every one of their agenda items will be pushed through, leaving no recourse for the right. At that point, we need a new party though it will likely be too late.
Earnest described the calls as “entirely professional” and said Obama made clear “he is going to nominate someone.”
The Obama SPOX said some nice things about Loretta Lynch, who has been mentioned as a potential nominee. She received bipartisan support, he said.
That sounds like a strong suggestion.
FSM NATIONAL SECURITY TEAM
If you think ISIS is not a direct and immediate threat to Americans in America, think again…
Chairman McCaul: “The Islamist terror threat remains alarmingly high as recent arrests and terror plots demonstrate. ISIS recruits wage war in our communities, while thousands of deadly fighters trained in Syria stream back into the West – some of them infiltrating massive refugee flows. ISIS continues its global expansion on the shores of the Mediterranean Sea and the still-dangerous al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula seizes greater territory in Yemen. Meanwhile, Vladimir Putin and the revitalized Iran-Assad-Hezbollah terror axis are further destabilizing the Syrian crisis in the absence of U.S. leadership. This year is on track to be as dangerous as – if not worse than – 2015 for the American homeland and our national security.”
Key takeaways in this month’s Terror Threat Snapshot include:
- The Iranian regime gained access to $100 billion in cash from the disastrous nuclear deal and is poised for further economic relief that will fuel its global network of terror.
- An increasing number of battle-hardened fighters from Europe are returning from jihadist training grounds. Nearly 2,000 Europeans – among an estimated 6,600 Western fighters who have traveled to Syria and Iraq – have snuck back into Europe. A French counterterrorism official recently warned, “We are moving towards a European 9/11: simultaneous attacks on the same day in several countries…We know the terrorists are working on this.”
- Islamist terrorists are exploiting global refugee flows to infiltrate and target the West. Germany’s domestic intelligence chief recently said terrorists “have slipped in camouflaged or disguised as refugees. This is a fact that the security agencies are facing.” A suspected ISIS terror plotter arrested in Germany this week snuck into Europe posing as a refugee. The European Union also recently assessed there is a “real and imminent danger” of Syrian refugees inside Europe being radicalized and recruited by Islamist extremists.
- ISIS and al Qaeda are expanding their sanctuaries from North Africa to South Asia. ISIS is reinforcing its foothold in Libya, where it has amassed as many as 6,500 fighters and controls coastal territory on the Mediterranean Sea. Al Qaeda is making further gains in Yemen and its key ally in Afghanistan controls more territory than it has at any point since 2001.
- The Obama Administration has surged the release of terrorists from Guantanamo Bay despite alarming rates of recidivism. The intelligence community has assessed that 30 percent of Guantanamo detainees released are either known to have or suspected of having rejoined the fight. The potential transfer of detainees to the United States, prohibited under law, would also pose a threat to the American people.
- The United States faces the highest Islamist terror threat environment since 9/11. ISIS is waging war here in the homeland, where there have been 21 ISIS-linked plots to launch attacks. Law enforcement authorities have arrested 81 ISIS-linked suspects, including six thus far in 2016.
Read the Full Report from the House Homeland Security Committee – Click Here