Last weekend Obama told Yahoo “only a handful” of Gitmo detainees has returned to a life of terrorism.
The actual number is 196, So he was only off by 191.
Ibrahim-Qosi Former Guantanamo detainee, Ibrahim Qosi, who is also known as Sheikh Khubayb al Sudani, is now an al-Qaeda leader in Yemen.
Earlier this week Stephen Hayes from The Weekly Standard broked down Obama’s shocking Gitmo lie. Of the 653 jihadist detainees who have been released, 196 have gone back to terror or are suspected of being active in the jihad since their release.
Now this: The Obama White House announced today they will release another 17 Gitmo detainees in January. The New York Times reported:
The Obama administration appears to be on the cusp of the largest round of transfers of GuantÃ¡namo Bay detainees in a single month since 2007, a move that could reduce the detainee population there to as low as 90 by mid- to late January, according to officials familiar with internal deliberations.
Defense Secretary Ashton B. Carter has notified Congress in recent days that he has approved 17 proposed transfers of lower-level detainees, said the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss matters that have not yet been made public. Congress has required Mr. Carter to certify that security standards have been met at least 30 days before any transfers.
President Obama wants to close the GuantÃ¡namo prison in Cuba before he leaves office in a little over a year. His administration has stepped up efforts to find countries to take 48 detainees on a transfer list and moved to speed up the work of a parole-like board that might approve the release of others who are currently recommended for indefinite detention.
Here is a partial list of Gitmo detainees who have returned to terror:
* Gitmo Detainees Re-Arrested in Russia
*Former Gitmo Prisoner Arrested for Terrorism in Moscow
* Three Former Gitmo Detainees Held in Morocco
* Former Gitmo Inmate Involved in Russian Terror Attack on Nalchik
* Former Gitmo Detainee Re-Arrested in Pakistan
* Seven Percent of Gitmo Detainees Return to Battlefield.
* Former Club Gitmo Detainee Carries Out Suicide Mission in Iraq
* Pentagon: 61 Gitmo Grads Returned to Terror
*Former “Rehabilitated” Gitmo Detainee Becomes Al-Qaeda Chief
* 2 Former “Rehabilitated” Gitmo Grads Appear in Al-Qaeda Movie
* 11 Former “Rehabilitated” Gitmo Grads Back On Saudi Most Wanted List
* American Teenager Murdered By Former Gitmo Detainee
* Breaking: Taliban’s Top Officer in Southern Afghanistan Is Former Gitmo Detainee
* Former Gitmo Detainee Leads Fight Against US Troops
* Another Former “Rehabilitated” Gitmo Detainee Killed in Shootout
* Former Gitmo Detainee Now Al Qaeda “Spiritual Leader”
* Former Gitmo Detainees Lead Yemeni Al-Qaeda Group Linked to Detroit Bomber
* Former Gitmo Detainee Leads Insurgency in Southern Afghanistan
* Thanks Barac, Another Gitmo Detainee Returns to the Fold
* 25 Former Gitmo Detainees From Saudi Arabia Return to Life of Terror * ONE WEEK AFTER PARIS TERROR ATTACKS , Obama Releases Five More Gitmo Detainees
* Former Gitmo Terrorist Arrested in Uganda; Suspect in Prosecutor’s Shooting Death
* Two more Gitmo detainees arrested in terror raid in Belgium
* Former Gitmo Detainee Now an Al-Qaeda Leader in Yemen