Senator Tom Coburn (R-OK) has released his annual list of government spending projects. These projects tend to be funded by the countless federal agencies that crowd the Debt Star without direct approval by Congress, thereby avoiding accountability to those of us left to finance them. CNS News has collected a few samples:
• Swedish massages for rabbits: $387,000
• Teaching Mountain Lions to Ride a Treadmill: $856,000
• Studying how many times “hangry” people stab a voodoo doll: $331,000
• Studying the gambling habits of monkeys: $171,000
• Producing the children’s musical: Zombie in Love: $10,000
• Funding a “Stoner Symphony”: $15,000
• Subsidizing Alpaca Poop: $50,000
• Synchronized Swimming for Sea Monkeys: $307,524
• Produce a “Hallucinatory” Roosevelt/Elvis show: $10,000
• Funding Climate Change Alarmist Video Game: $5.2 million
• Teaching Kids to Laugh: $47,000
• Developing a real-life Iron Man Suit: $80 million
• Tweeting at Terrorists: $3 million
• Predicting the End of Humanity: $30,000
• Funding Kids Dressing Like Fruits and Vegetables: $5 million
• Help Parents Counter Kids’ Refusals to Eat Fruits and Veggies: $804,254
• Lost electronic devices from NASA: $1.1 million
• Studying if Wikipedia is Sexist: $202,000
• Asking heavy drinkers not to drink through text message: $194,090
• Government Funded Ice Cream: $1.2 million
Click through for annotations.
Not even a Supreme Court Justice could find the constitutional authority to spend our confiscated money on any of this demented crapola.
Meanwhile, the national debt rockets toward $18 trillion, a number too vast for the human mind to properly comprehend, with no sign of slowing despite the steady upward creep of taxation.