Stephen Stone, RA President
Since the Constitution grants the President of the United States the power to pardon himself and all other officers of the U.S. government for any crimes, misdemeanors, malfeasance, or treason they may be guilty of, Barack Hussein Obama can’t be held accountable for his destructive, unlawful misdeeds through legal action.
The fact is, no court of law, judge, or jury in the U.S. has the power to override a presidential pardon. This verifiable reality rules out any redress of grievances against the president THROUGH JUDICIAL REMEDY.
Instead, the Constitution provides that a tyrannical president can be stopped ONLY THROUGH IMPEACHMENT AND REMOVAL BY CONGRESS:
- The President…shall have power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment. (Art. 2, Sec. 2)
- The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors. (Art. 2, Sec. 4)
- The House of Representatives…shall have the sole power of impeachment. [And] The Senate shall have the sole power to try all impeachments. (Art. 1, Sec. 2 and Sec. 3)
We the People thus have only one viable option, short of insurrection or sedition, for ending the president’s reign of tyranny: IMPEACH and REMOVE the man (and his inner circle) — through our elected representatives in the House and Senate.
As long as the Constitution remains in place, we as citizens are duty-bound to pursue the “constitutional remedy” for correcting existing tyranny in the federal government. We must therefore ACT TO INDUCE CONGRESS to do its duty to impeach and remove Barack Obama.
Unfortunately, timid Republican leaders are reluctant to honor the Constitution and undertake Obama’s impeachment and removal, for fear this last option for saving our country might fail and “reflect badly on themselves.” They want a guarantee of success before they’re willing to support the Constitution’s remedy for saving our nation from certain destruction.
They would literally rather do NOTHING to take advantage of the Constitution’s only provision for reining in tyrannical public officials than RISK FAILURE. Not wanting to be accused of merely “rearranging the deck chairs on a sinking Titanic,” they refuse even to lower the lifeboats so at least some in their care might survive.
Of course, there’s no guarantee of success in this undertaking any more than there was for our Founders when they took on the most powerful nation on earth and initiated the American experiment in liberty. But we still owe it to God, ourselves, and our posterity to TRY. If we seek, and merit, God’s providence — as our Founders did — we may well succeed in this last best hope for averting America’s collapse.
Self-fulfilling defeatism, on the other hand, will guarantee the end of America as we know it, without a fight.
The solution: elect an “impeachment Congress” in 2014
If the people’s representatives in the House and Senate are uniquely empowered by the Constitution to impeach and remove tyrants like Barack Obama and his cronies, then the key to saving our nation politically (in addition to prayerfully) is to take advantage of the 2014 election and elect an “IMPEACHMENT CONGRESS” — one willing to initiate impeachment proceedings against the president in the House and convict him in the Senate if the evidence warrants it.
All members of the House, and one-third of the Senate, are up for election this year, and this means We the People can substantially change the temperament of both houses of Congress. But even if we only succeed in electing an impeachment-minded House — in company with an intransigent Senate — this strategy still promises to spare our nation from the destructive march of Barack Obama.
The Founders intended impeachment to be a “NATIONAL INQUEST” that would openly expose destructive behavior by corrupt public officials before it’s too late to stop them. Just the impeachment process alone — with its wide-open, unhindered hearings — is capable of sufficiently alerting the American public to conspiring designs and insidious actions by those who pose a risk to the nation’s safety and security.
The hearings themselves make impeachment proceedings invaluable, because they serve to educate the people. In the case of Barack Obama, who has escaped any real accounting for his duplicitous, deceitful, media-protected lies and deceptions over many years, impeachment would put a halt to all that, and countless Americans of all persuasions (except the president’s diehard collaborators) would be inclined to get out their pitchforks.
Obama may still try to govern if the Senate leaves him in office after he’s been impeached, but he will be effectively stopped by the people themselves — amply armed with proven facts and broad and deep indignation. All this is realistic, provided we elect principled conservatives to Congress in 2014.
Historical evidence that it works
For proof of the power of IMPEACHMENT ALONE, we need look no further than two modern examples of presidents who’ve been subjected to impeachment: Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton. Nixon resigned during his impeachment hearings once the facts came out; and Clinton had little popular or political support following his impeachment by the House, even though the Senate failed to follow through and remove him.
Of course, removal by the Senate is the best possible outcome, and should be tenaciously pursued — but it’s not essential to stopping a corrupt president, historical precedent clearly shows.
Should the House impeach Obama with sufficient evidence to justify his removal, a powerful groundswell from an irate citizenry can be expected to pressure the Senate to convict — upon threat of retaliation at the polls in 2016 for neglecting their constitutional duty. Removal of Obama in that case would then be more than a remote possibility, if enough vocal citizens across America rose up and pushed for it.
This means IT’S UP TO US — the people — to stop Barack Obama and his minions through the “constitutional remedy” of impeachment and removal, beginning with electing Constitution-minded representatives to the House and Senate in 2014.
A constitutional scholar’s view
In view of these facts and feasible actions, here’s what Harvard-educated constitutional scholar Dr. Alan Keyes has to say:
- The congressional impeachment/removal process is the only constitutional way to end unconstitutional abuses of the U.S. government’s power at the highest levels.
- It can only occur if the people effectively demand it. The people can effectively demand it only by electing a U.S. Congress controlled by a sufficient majority in both Houses to achieve the desired result.
In this respect, liberty is a Do-It-Yourself proposition. Only the people can rescue the constitutional sovereignty of the people from destruction.
The 2014 election offers Constitution-minded voters the chance (perhaps the last clear chance) to do so…. Under the U.S. Constitution,
- represents the ultimate sovereign authority of the people. Unless and until Americans reclaim it from elitist control, government of, by, and for the people will continue along the path toward its final demise. (“
There’s a national election in 2014. The people, according to their respective states and congressional districts, will vote to fill every seat in the U.S. House of Representatives and a third of the seats in the U.S. Senate. Theoretically, the outcome of the election could decisively alter the character of the U.S. Congress, the branch of government the Constitution entrusts with the power to alter the make-up of the other branches. (
…What’s needed is a massive mobilization of American voters,
- loyal to the terms of the Constitution and its Declaration principles, who unite in affirming that no candidates for national office in the 2014 elections will get their vote until and unless they formally, adamantly pledge that their first priority when the U.S. Congress convenes in 2015 will be to impeach, try, and remove Barack Obama and all his appointees and collaborators from their positions in U.S. government.
- Millions of voters must unite to make this demand. They must organize themselves to enforce it by electoral means, including appropriate action to place pledged candidates on the ballot in the 2014 general election if and when the GOP and Democrats refuse to do so.
- Such an electoral movement will fundamentally alter the political environment in which the U.S. Congress convenes in January 2015. It will build the foundation for the political realignment the country desperately needs — one that gives birth or rebirth to a political vehicle freed from the elites’ anti-American domination. On every front, on every issue, this reassertion of the independent sovereignty of the people is the key to saving America’s liberty. (“
Dr. Keyes is absolutely right. With the goal of reclaiming the independence of the American people firmly in mind, we must — each of us — get involved and make the 2014 election a REFERENDUM on a man of increasingly evident treachery and deceit.
IMPEACH AND REMOVE BARACK OBAMA!
© Stephen Stone